Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Stuck on You: Ceremony Set Up

While we were getting ready and taking photos, our ceremony site was primped and ready for the show to begin.

Looking at the photo below, it amazes me that Mr. Pin Cushion and I almost didn't choose our venue because I felt that this arch was too 'dated'. Now, rather than dated, I see the arch as being 'classic'. Whether that is post-wedding 'it don't mean no thing' attitude, or I actually changed by opinion, I'm not sure, but I sure am happy we chose our venue-because arch and all, it was a beautiful setting.


Our venue coordinator lined the seats in the back and the aisle with ribbons and dahlias. We hadn't asked her to, and weren't planning on having anything on the chairs or aisle, but Marky, the coordinator, said she had extra flowers from the bouquets, so she went to town.

Perhaps some people wouldn't have wanted something done that wasn't part of their 'vision', but I had had no vision for our ceremony site, so I was more than happy for Marky to spiffy it up without consulting me.


Before guests arrived at the site, they were greeted with ribbon streamers and a basket with our programs.


But here's the thing. Our ceremony site was outside, and people were mingling and meandering around and not too great at noticing our programs and actually picking them up. So, I'll share them here to feel a bit more vindicated in making them!




Here's what I like to think all of our guests were doing:
Pouring over every detail of the program. Gather together to ooh and ahh.
At least I know 4 people did that.

Are you making programs? Do you have any tactics to actual get them into guest's hands? 

All photos by the fabulous Steep Street Photography'


Pin Cushion Flashback:


The gals hit up the salon. Then, the gang gets dressed. We have a sob-filled first look.
Our wedding party poses with kids' murals. And we make them wear fake noses and hold balloons.

No comments:

Post a Comment